Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Hero

My washing machine has been broken for over a month.

I have six kids, including two that WERE in cloth diapers.

Rob brought the parts home to fix the washer today.

He fixed it!

I Cried.

Did I mention it had been broken for a month?

Now for the whole story----

As soon as the machine broke Rob got to work figuring out what was wrong and how to fix it. He even talked to a repair guy to verify his findings and then he ordered the part. Just a couple of days later the part arrived! We were so excited, it was supposed to take two weeks to get the part! It didn't work.
Rob got right back to work figuring out what to try next-- it was going to be expensive-- in the mean time I wrote an e-mail to the manufacturer. They responded with a request for more information on the washer and the problem. Rob took over from there and did some quick negotiating to get them to pay for the parts!
The parts arrived today! Then came the bad news, my heart sank as the woman told me that labor (including taking my machine to their shop) would be $300-$400! I nearly cried as I told her I would talk to my husband and get back to her. Once again Rob negotiated and came home with the parts to do the repair himself. In about 15 minutes my machine was working. That was when I really did cry!
I'm so happy to have a working washing machine again! Thanks Rob!

No comments:

Post a Comment